Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Recipe: easy breezy healthiful salad

I'm pretty sure I got this recipe from HelloFresh, or possibly Pinterest. It is my favorite salad to make because there is minimal chopping.
  • garbanzo beans
  • diced or cubed cucumbers
  • corn kernels (optional)
  • avocado, diced
  • feta cheese, diced
  • drizzle of olive oil
  • lemon juice (optional)
  • salt and pepper (ground if possible)
I like to have an equal ratio of garbanzo beans, cucumber pieces, and corn if I'm using it (1:1:1).  The amount of feta cheese and avocado will depend on the amount of veggies* you have, but I definitely don't recommend overdoing it on the feta cheese. Maybe do two-thirds to half as much feta as 1 ratio** of veggies, and at least half a veggie-ratio of avocado, if not more. The size of the drizzle of olive oil will depend on how big your salad is and how oily you like things, and if you're adding lemon juice, use an amount that is roughly equal to the amount of olive oil. The salt and pepper are to taste. You can omit the feta cheese to make this vegan!

If using canned garbanzo beans or corn, drain and rinse them, then let them drip dry. You can peel the cucumbers if you prefer, then chop them up however you see fit, although I don't recommend slices, and throw them in a bowl. Cut up the avocado and feta cheese and throw that in too, along with the garbanzo beans and corn if using. Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice (if using) and add the salt and pepper. Stir vigorously so that the avocado and feta cheese will get mushed and mix with the oil and juice. Eat.


*yes, I'm aware garbanzos are legumes and cucumbers are fruit. Also avocados are technically berries because this is a world that we have to wrest good things from. idk.
**no I don't remember how ratios work. Leave me alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment