Friday, July 29, 2011

New laptop!

I bought a new computer and I love it. My old Macbook is about five years old and is way too slow, has far too little memory/storage space, and runs very hot and loud (not to mention, it's dirty, the part I rest my wrists on is splitting into pieces, and the keyboard's full of crumbs). My new Macbook Pro has a backlit keyboard, a fancy glass screen, cool new features, and tons of hard drive space (and it's cooler and lighter, even). I'm really happy with it. The only hassle has been with transferring all my old stuff onto the new laptop (and that's just because of me. I keep getting distracted). My iPhoto library has been transferred, but now I feel like I need to go through it and correct the tagged Faces, delete/fix blurry pics, etc. I just installed Mozilla Firefox and transferred all my Firefox bookmarks (no small feat; I really need to go through all my bookmark folders and delete what I don't need), as well as my iTunes library (I think. I'm pretty much relying on my Computer Engineering major brother to make sure I'm doing everything right). Oh, I also figured out how to make my screensaver display an RSS feed of my LibraryThing books; in trying to find the instructions, I discovered how to put a LT widget on this blog (in the sidebar thingie. Now you can see what books I have, and it links to my LT profile so you can stalk friend me). I need to make sure my iTunes library is complete and install Office for Mac 2011, set my Desktop to rights, and eventually I want to start using the Apple money I got due to their Back to School promotion (I can use it to buy music, iBooks, and apps. So excite). My little brother bought a new laptop at the same time, and it's so cute to see him all excited about his own brand new computer since this is his first one. He's bought some bright green accessories for it. I can't believe he's going away to college! Sniff.

No comments:

Post a Comment