Sunday, July 7, 2013

TIFITLWIW: Things found in books 3



Mini Disneyland playing card. It's probably like 2 inches long. Pen included for scale. I don't remember what book I found this in.


Bulletins for the Campus Hill Church. Interesting to see how the logos and fonts changed (probably because of the change in pastors). I like the old rainbow church logo but can see why they changed it. These were found inside religious books, naturally.


Despite how book-oriented I am, I strangely was never into bookplates and marking "my" books. I can understand the appeal and the usefulness, especially if you lend your books out to friends a lot. I do find most bookplates cute, but it just comes off as super possessive to me. Why be so desperate to mark your books as yours? It comes off as very "it's MINE!!!!" to me. Plus if you want to give them away or sell them later you have to take them out or force the buyer to have a book with your name in it (this weirds me out since I'm kind of a private person). So while a lot of the bookplates found in the donated books are cute, they are a huge pain in the nether regions to remove. A lot of them won't come off, so I have to leave them in the books. I'll probably cover them with a blank sticker label or something. Anyway this one has a squirrel on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment