Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Books read in 2019

  • Total books read during this year: 25
  • Total books that I started to read but didn't finish: 2*
  • physical books read: 25
  • ebooks read: 0
  • physical books started but unfinished: 2*
  • ebooks started but unfinished: 0
  • Library books read: 2
  • Library books started but unread: 0
  • Books I liked: 10
  • Books I loved: 7
  • Books I hated: 0
  • Books I disliked or found meh: 6
  • Books I felt strongly about but can't classify as love or hate: 1
  • Books given away: 11
  • #1 most loved book this year: The Twistrose Key by Tone Almhjell
  • #1 most hated book this year: The Little Giant of Aberdeen County (too sad and angry-making)
*I'm counting the holiday story compilation I read every year during the holidays (aka after the year ends because it contains New Years stories), Christmas with Anne and Other Holiday Stories.

I read fewer books this year than last year, per usual, but 25 books is fairly decent. Apparently "normal" people are lucky if they read 10 books a year. The main reason I didn't read as many books this year is because I became obsessed with the app game Matchington Mansion. I also traveled a lot (even more than 2018 I think), and while I did bring my kindle, all the flights had movies, so. I'm going to make an effort to read more this year, especially during my ref desk shifts (again, per usual). I'm going to continue not checking out library books (still don't have my local library's card and we're entering my fourth year here!), and I'm going to stop buying books from Barnes & Noble (but not the dollar store or thrift stores, although I will try to stop visiting Saver's, which is the biggest culprit). The book buying is so fast and the reading is so slow... I'm also going to start using my reading journals, which were bought by/for me because we loved the idea, but I stopped using them like immediately. 

A huge shoutout to BookRiot and their fantastic Google Sheets reading log! I cannot recommend it enough. I loved the stats and pie charts of my reading categories and results! #virgo Here is their blog post with the link to and instructions for their 2020 version. 

Here are some of the most interesting pie charts of my reading this year: 


No comments:

Post a Comment