Monday, January 7, 2019

Books read in 2018

  • Total books read during this year: 33
  • Total books that I started to read but didn't finish: 5
  • physical books read: 33
  • ebooks read: 0
  • physical books started but unfinished: 3
  • ebooks started but unfinished: 2
  • Library books read: 3
  • Library books started but unread: 1
  • Books I liked: 24
  • Books I loved: 0
  • Books I hated: 1 but it was one I didn't finish
  • Books I disliked or found meh: 7
  • Books I felt strongly about but can't classify under love or hate: 1
  • Books given away: 15 (I'm including the books I got from the free books rack from the library and then immediately returned to the rack after reading them)
I read fewer books this year, partly because I had a class I had to use my ref desk downtime to study for, and partly because I just felt less up to reading (hence this post). I had a pretty busy spring and summer with a lot of traveling, as well. I am going to try to read more so I can get rid of books I don't really want, and also because I think I'm happier when I read. I have been buying a lot of books brand-new from Barnes & Noble, and I want to stop doing that to save money. I still have so many books from thrift stores and the like that I should be reading, and I feel like I should check out library books if I want to read something I don't have. Can you believe I've lived here two years and still haven't seen my local library or gotten a library card there? 
Just went over my list again and the books I liked/loved/hated/disliked don't add up to the books I read. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment