Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Reasons I miss school/college:

  • learning fun/interesting new things
  • get to choose classes that interest me
  • interesting class texts/readings
  • must carve out time for reading/writing (between work and chores/errands/gym I have no free time)
  • around lots of people my age who are doing the same kinds of things as me
  • built-in friend groups (classes, dorms etc.)
  • great classmates/teachers (when you get them)
  • extracurricular activities/groups
  • cafeteria/campus cafes
  • structure
  • can schedule classes to have several half days or entire free days a week (even when I was taking five classes a quarter I was in class way less time than I spend now at work full-time)
  • vacations, especially summer
  • programs, especially learning abroad 
  • campus life in general
  • reason to buy school supplies
  • you can wear whatever you want as long as it's not inappropriate
  • familiar (I was in school from ages 5-24)


Reasons I do not want to go back to school:

  • expensive (am already several $Ks in debt)
  • homework
  • exams and quizzes
  • have to study 
  • can't read for fun/have to read what's assigned/things that aren't interesting to me
  • lack of motivation to actually do the work
  • if actually going to school, would have to quit work ($)
  • online programs mean missing out on 70% of what makes college fun
  • PTSD from grad school; would rather slit own wrists than get a PhD at this point
  • impractical (I would rather do regular college than grad or postgrad and there is literally no point)
    • really I just wish I could go back to my college days but you can't step in the same river twice


No comments:

Post a Comment