Thursday, March 7, 2013

Smash

This hot mess of a show. Like a grown-up Glee, but on Broadway and the plotlines are slightly more straightforward and believable.

Best parts of Smash:
1) Tom and his zingers and general existence. Christian Borle's delivery of his lines gives me life.
2) the singing. Everyone is so talented. The dancing is great too.
3) uhhh, idk, I guess Derek. I mean his character is such a sleazeball but the actor (the same one who played the Commodore in Pirates of the Caribbean) plays him so sardonically and great. Also, Megan Hilty is fantastic. It's pretty laughable that they'd pick Kat McPhee over her for Marilyn. I mean really.
4) the girls' clothes. I want almost everything. Also hot guyz although currently I am hard-pressed to name one. Oh I guess that fixer guy.
5) Anjelica Huston throwing martinis in her ex-husband's face. This does not happen enough, imo.

Anyway, since I began working at my new job I have way less free time so I'm considering stopping keeping up with this one until the end of the season or w/e and then just watching all the episodes at once. Something's got to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment