Thursday, May 16, 2024

Antique book poem by Emily Dickinson

I was going to post a poem I came across while reading my old book of Emily Dickinson's poetry, but another Blogspot posted it and wrote (or shared) a commentary on the poem. I encourage you to read it here:

http://bloggingdickinson.blogspot.com/2014/12/a-precious-mouldering-pleasure-tis.html

 

Side note: I remember buying my copy of Emily Dickinson's poems from the Scholastic Book Fair when I was in elementary school, like I specifically have the distinct memory of being 7 or 8 or 9 at the Scholastic Book Fair and browsing the shelves, being drawn to Emily's face and picking the book up, but I just checked the copyright page and this is a small paperback from 2002. I was in the ninth grade in 2002; perhaps because I was homeschooled that year, I was able to go to my younger siblings' SBF and buy the book then? I have no memory of that, but I definitely would have gone then. I'd go today. I miss the SBF.

No comments:

Post a Comment