Thursday, October 9, 2014

Super easy bread pudding

So I had some old pieces of cinnamon swirl bread (the heels of the loaf, which I don't typically like eating) and decided to pull a Nigella and make bread pudding for dinner. I used this recipe but quartered it, since the loaf pan I used is like 3 by 6 inches and the recipe was for an 8x8 inch pan.

Ingredients:
2 slices cinnamon swirl bread (old), torn into small pieces
melted butter (I actually forgot to quarter this so it came out really buttery and delicious)
1 egg
1/4 cup milk (this should have been a 1/2 cup. I used coconut almond milk, which tasted fine)
3 tablespoons white sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
 I put the pieces of bread in the pan, melted the butter and poured it over them, then combined the egg, milk, sugar and cinnamon and poured that in. Then I baked it at 350 for about 20 minutes or so (I'm not sure of the right time since I kept checking it every 5 minutes, paranoid it would burn).
IT WAS SO GOOD, YOU GUYS. I ate the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment