Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Life update: new job!

I haven't posted anything in a while, but this time it's for a good reason: I got a new job! I'm now the librarian of a health sciences university. I've been working here since May and I really like it. Here are a couple random things I like about my new job:

IS THIS NOT THE MOST METAL KEYCHAIN EVER GIVEN BY A PLACE OF WORK. It's a pretty realistic plastic spine and pelvis (the other side of the spine is flat and has my school's website url printed on it). I love it. The coccyx part is actually perfect for pushing back your cuticles. The only thing is that the vertebrae points are sharp and can stab you when you're rooting around in your bag for something. True story. :/

Most of the faculty and staff have a phone with video capability so you can see and talk to your coworkers at the same time. It's pretty sweet. Pictured is the self-view feature which I use all the time in lieu of a mirror to make sure my face/head looks normal and to apply lipgloss.

Also, actual people see my outfits every day. I'm wearing a super cute outfit today and two girls told me they liked it. I saw hardly anyone at my old job, which had its good and bad points (I'm such a hermit sometimes). Overall, it's nice to interact with and help people. 

I still have several more pictures (thanks procrastination!) for the Things I Found in the Library Where I Work series of found bookmarks and ephemera, so I will keep doing those posts until they're all posted. I won't have anything nearly as interesting from a literary perspective to post from my new job, since we have way fewer books and they're all mostly medical in nature with few if any things left inside them. I do have a few more amusing (to me) pictures from my new place of work, which I will share eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment