Friday, May 10, 2013

Things I've found in the library where I work: Things found in books

There's a great blog called Forgotten Bookmarks, where people submit things they've found in books, either library or used books. This is mainly along those lines.

This made me laugh. So great. The paper's yellowing, as well as the font, indicates that this card is from several decades ago. I'm thinking mid-century, sometime before 1980 but probably after 1930.

This one was found in a religious book, I'm pretty sure, as it is a quote from SDA periodical Amazing Facts:
"God has preserved His word in miraculous ways throughout the centuries, using His faithful workers to spread the gospel even in the most dangerous times. An amazing narrative that will increase your faith for [the?] coming time of trouble." Amazing Facts Jan-Feb 2004
I'm not sure what the other text is for. "Great Deals"?

Love this. "I choose to love myself in spite of myself!"

No comments:

Post a Comment