Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012

welp


Someone should have invited me to a halloween party but i'm stuck hanging out by myself

1. when i was in high school, i never went to any parties.

2. i have no idea what happened to my 5th grade poodle skirt costume. i guess i don't really need to know.

3. "halloween" and "costumes" just mean "halloween" and "costumes." nothing more.
 
4. i didn't go to parties because i didn't know when they were being had.

    only one friend
    invited me and
    we both knew
    i'd always 
    decline to go

5. no one has rung the doorbell yet. maybe there was someone when i was upstairs? there's no way of knowing.

6. if someone comes over and rings the doorbell to trick-or-treat here, they will definitely get a handful of candy as a thank-you because i don't need to eat the entire bowl. since i certainly will.

7. i haven't been trick-or-treating in years and i don't have a costume. don't think about it too much. it doesn't mean a thing.

8. i have had to wear my miss america shirt so i can wear a costume by proxy.

9. asked me if i was going trick-or-treating and why would you, why ask me if i'm going trick-or-treating, next time i do so i will have a child, i will be dressed up all day, halloween as i hand out the candy, costumes as we go door-to-door; how is it, the lack of parties and children and no trace of trick-or-treating anywhere

10. i still rarely go to parties.

     friends would
     invite me
     but we all
     know i'd
     decline to go

Apologies to Daphne Gottlieb and her wonderful poem


This is not a costume but I wanted to wear something
Also pictured: my pumpkin earrings, Venetian-style mask I got in Italy, and actual pumpkin

No comments:

Post a Comment